News, resources, and links to help educators and home schoolers improve academic achievement.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Oh, The Things Teachers Do!

     
Oh, the things teachers do! There is work to be done!
There are tests to be graded. There are walk-throughs –NOT fun!


There is paperwork, schmaperwork. I must confess…how can we function with all of this stress?! Assessments, do-your-best-ments, parent meetings and such. Why are we expected to handle so MUCH?!


How can we teach our students to rhyme, when classroom management takes so much time?
Increasing demands are brought on by new rules. More work leaves less time for the teaching in schools.


Just when I think that I can’t carry on. I am finished -- exhausted – caput – I am DONE!”
I see a new light in the eyes of a child, and I know that my job is important – worthwhile.

Teaching is reaching them, prodding them on. Another child "gets it" – I’m still not quite done!
You see, teaching does not come from a store…maybe teaching means a little bit more.

          Contributed by Sue Price

No comments:

Post a Comment